Can the Cats
Can the Cats
CAN THE MSU BOBCATS IN THIS FRIENDLY, OFF-FIELD FOOD DRIVE COMPETITION!
Now in our 24th year, the annual Can the Cats Canned Food Drive is a friendly, off-field food drive competition between UM & the Missoula community and MSU & the Bozeman Community to see who can raise the most food & funds for our local communities. All donations collected in the Missoula area during this two-week food drive competition stay local and help stock the shelves at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center and the University of Montana Food Pantry.
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center is serving more people than ever before and many families are utilizing our emergency food services for the very first time. Now especially, we are counting on our community to put food on the tables of the 1 in 5 people in Missoula County utilizing emergency food services, our friends & neighbors experiencing food insecurity, and out-raise the Bobcats in this important food drive competition.
In 2022, the Missoula community raised a grand total of 428,280 lbs/$s in food & funds for our local Food Bank! Help us nourish our friends & neighbors experiencing food insecurity in our community this year and help us CAN the MSU Bobcats off the field!
November 4th-18th, 2023
- Kick-Off at Washington Grizzly Stadium: November 4th
- Drives running all over town starting Nov 4th | Pick your favorite place to donate in the community or bring your donations directly to the food bank!
- Weigh-In Day: November 17th | Community Drives bring in their food donations to be weighed and stored ahead of the big game!
- Final day to donate: November 18th | Finish the drive strong by bringing donations to the food bank OR to the Griz/Cat game
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center Donation Drop Off Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8am – 7pm
- Wednesday, Friday: 8am – 1pm
- Please drop off donations at our back alley donation door.
Ways you can help
- Donate Food
- Every pound counts towards our goal- so bring the heavy stuff! Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center’s back alley donations door at 1720 Wyoming St. or any Can the Cats donation drop spot listed below.
- Donate Dollars
- $1 = 1 lb and every donation counts during this two-week drive. Our food bank buying power goes even further than it does at the grocery store. Donate online, in person, or by mail and let us do the purchasing! Checks can be made out to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (or Missoula Food Bank) and mailed or delivered to us at 1720 Wyoming St, Missoula, MT 59801. Cash donations also accepted!
- Host a Drive
- Rally your coworkers, teammates, & friends to collect food & funds all drive long! Join over 35 community and on-campus organizations in nourishing community! Register your drive so we can keep you stocked with bins & grins!
Community Drop Spots for Food
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center – 1720 Wyoming St.
- EmPower Place – 1720 Wyoming St.
- Albertson’s – All Missoula Locations
- Clearwater Credit Union – All Missoula locations
- Rosauers – 2350 S Reserve St
- Walmart – 3555 Mullan Rd.
- First Interstate Bank – All Missoula locations
- Peak Performance Physical Therapy – 1940 Harve Ave. Suite 2
- Morrison-Maierle Inc. – 1055 Mount Ave.
- Unleashed Doggy Daycare – 2118 S. Reserve St.
- Missoula Bone and Joint – 2360 Mullan Rd. Suite D
- Murdoch’s – Missoula and Hamilton
- WINCO Foods – 2510 S. Reserve St.
- PEAK Health and Wellness – All Missoula locations
- Clay Studio of Missoula – 1106 Hawthorne St.
- CS Porter Middle School – 2510 W. Central Ave.
- Residence Inn Missoula Downtown – 125 N. Pattee St.
- AC Hotel Missoula Downtown – 175 N. Pattee St.
- Windermere Real Estate – 2800 S Reserve St.
- ERA Lambros Community Foundation – 3011 American Way
- Lumenad / Pathlabs – 111 N. Higgins Ave., Ste 500
- DoubleTree by Hilton and FINN – 100 Madison St.
- WGM Group – 1111 E. Broadway St.
- PureWest Christie’s Real Estate – 101 Railroad Street West
- Missoula YMCA – 3000 S. Russell St.
- Glacier Sotheby’s International Realty – 434 N. Higgins
- Old Sawmill District – 945 Wyoming St., Suite 120
- Chief Charlo Elementary PTO – 5600 Longview Drive
- Missoula Public Library – 455 E Main Street
- Runway Fashion Exchange – 3121 Brooks street
- Athleta in Southgate Mall – 2901 Brooks space C8
- Missoula Broadcasting Company – 2620 Radio Way, Suite B
- Skin Chic in Southgate Mall – 2901 Brooks St.
- Missoula Organization of Realtors – 724 Burlington Ave.
- Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air – 5225 US Highway 10 W.
- Sentinel Highschool – 901 South Ave. W.
- Straight 6 Archery – 1200 S Reserve St. Suite A
- Anderson ZurMuehlen & Co PC
- Boone Karlberg P.C. – 201 W. Main St. Suite 300
- Great Burn Brewing – 2230 McDonald Ave
- HDR – 700 SW Higgins Ave Suite 200
- Garlington, Lohn & Robinson, PLLP – 350 Ryman Street
- Fuel Fitness – 1934 Brooks St.
- Vibrant Hearing – 317 S. Orange St.
- HypeHouse Studio – 140 N Higgins St. Suite 103
University of Montana Drop Spots for Food
- UM Food Pantry
- Mansfield Library
- 1st Floor University Center Atrium
- University Center Game Room (Esports Hub)
- Branch Center
- Residence Hall Lobbies
- Office of the President / Main Hall
- The Alexander Blewett III School of Law
- Missoula College
- McGill Hall
- Alumni Association – 105 Brantly Hall
- University Center Gallery
- Curry Health Center – 634 Eddy Ave
- College of Humanities and Sciences
University of Montana Drop Spots for Funds
- University Center Game Room (eSports Hub)
- Iron Griz
- The Market
- Food Zoo
- Food Court
- Rise + Rooted
- Think Tank
- UM Bookstore
Thank you to our partners!
Looking to get involved? Contact Missoula Food Bank & Community Center at 406.541.0766 or email us below.
Thank you for helping us nourish our community!
1 in 5
We are currently serving 1 out of every 5 Missoulians. That's 24,418 individual neighbors shopping our Store Program in 2022.