Volunteers are critical to our mission.
People of diverse experiences share their time, energy and talents through a variety of jobs. These include stocking of the store's shelves, sorting food, interviewing clients, entering data, bagging groceries, cleaning, repacking perishable food, collecting donated goods, and delivering food to senior citizens.
Other opportunities to volunteer throughout the year include the holiday food drive, postal carrier food drive, newsletter collation, and helping to make sandwiches for our summer nutrition program for children. Volunteers are always needed and welcome!
- Gaining safe food handling experience
- Gaining knowledge of basic nutrition
- Gaining work experience and a job reference
- Learning about hunger issues
- Being part of a progressive approach to end hunger locally and nationally
- Becoming part of a strong network of community agencies that are also feeding families
- Using your creativity to produce nutritious meals
- Contributing your talents to the health of your community
If you would like more information about volunteering at the Food Bank, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 549-0543 extension 107.
Or download a printable version of our Volunteer Application Form.
Have a large church, civic or school group that would like to volunteer? We always have special projects that require extra hands! Tell us a little bit about your particular crew by using our Large Group Volunteer Form and we will schedule a project for you!